Saturday 27 August 2011

Hirst Arts - The Lazy Way

I really enjoyed reading about Hirst Art Molds over at A Paladin in Citadel's blog.  I have toyed with the idea of buying a couple of molds, to give it a go, but, so far, I have managed to restrain myself.  I know I would really enjoy making them, but I also know I can't spare the time.  Another member of my gaming group has just ordered some, so I may feel the urge to follow suit when I see his creations.

Not wanting to be completely left out, I snagged the ruined tower, pictured below, from ebay for a few pounds.  I repaired the transit damage (suffered en route), and removed the cardboard base the ruin was stuck to.  All it needs now is a little bit of paint to cover the repair work, and possibly a dark colour wash or two.  Although I'm sure I'll be mainly sticking with my projected game board, the addition of some 3D structures will certainly enhance the experience.


2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking model. If you use it in play, do be sure to take photos and give us a battle report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Labyrinth Lord game is on the 17th and, depending on which direction the party take, I might get to use it then. I'll take some photos if I do.

    ReplyDelete